The MediEvil Short-Lived Demo is a demo version of the MediEvil remake. The demo was leaked on September 24, 2019 on the Japanese PlayStation Store, but was swiftly taken down. It was officially unveiled later that same day, during Sony's State of Play stream.
The demo became unavailable to download from the PlayStation Store on October 6, 2019, but was made available again on December 20, 2019, this time featuring additional levels from the game.
The illustrious Sir Daniel Fortesque cordially invites you to try the MediEvil: Short-lived Demo, where you can hack, slash and blunder your way through Dan's Crypt and The Graveyard – the first two levels of MediEvil.
Got something to prove? That sounds familiar… Look carefully around Sir Dan’s tomb to find an exclusive helmet which makes his life (or should that be death?) more difficult. This uniquely challenging apparel can only be found in this demo and carries through to the full game too!
Be sure to grab it while you can… this limited-time demo is decomposing fast.*
*Demo only available until 10/06/2019 at 23:59 PT.
This patch was released on December 20, 2019.
Official patch notes
- Various bug fixes
- Small tweaks and polish items
- Stability and performance optimizations.
Unofficial patch notes
- Added improvements from Patch 1.02 of the full game, such as the extra settings in the Options menu.
- Added two additional levels: Cemetery Hill and The Hilltop Mausoleum.
- MediEvil – Short-Lived Demo Trailer | PS4 on the PlayStation YouTube channel.
- MediEvil – Short-Lived Demo Trailer | PS4 on the PlayStation Europe YouTube channel.
- Tuffcub, MediEvil demo briefly appears on the Japanese PlayStation Store on TheSixthAxis. Published September 24, 2019.
- State of Play | 24th September 2019 on YouTube.
- MediEvil’s Short-Lived Demo Returns Today With New Content on PlayStation.Blog. Published December 20, 2019.