MediEvil is an upcoming remake of the original game for the PS4, scheduled for release on 2019. It was announced December 8, 2017 at PlayStation Experience 2017.
Sony announced a 4K remaster of MediEvil for the PS4 during the 2017 PlayStation Experience show, revealing scant details about the project stating "more details soon".
On October 25, 2018 on PlayStation Blogcast, the project was revealed to be a remake developed by Other Ocean Interactive rather than just a remaster, with a trailer due for release on Halloween.
MediEvil is being developed using Unreal Engine 4. The geometry from the original game is used to recreate the levels as faithfully as possible, while adjusting certain elements with technological advances in mind.
Digital Deluxe Edition
In addition to the game itself, this edition also includes the following:
- Super Armour in-game armour set
- The Art of MediEvil digital art book
- Digital comic book
- Original soundtrack
- Dynamic theme
- This is the first standalone MediEvil game to be released on a home console other than the PlayStation.
- Most of the voice clips in the 2017 Teaser Trailer are from MediEvil: Resurrection.
- ↑ MediEvil at ESRB.org.
- ↑ Remaking Fan Favorites: How Devs Resurrected Crash, MediEvil, Resident Evil 2, and Spyro for PS4 at PlayStation.Blog.