|“||This little book being a thing that I recently found, a nostalgic look back on all my notes and reviews based on playing the game before it was finished and released.||”|
12 Days (circled)
Need to outline
- H.P. of weapon on a monster
- Level map = routes
- Coin system = buy weapons etc
- More attacks
- Monster attacks = orchestration
- Learning curve = help gargoyles.
- Distinctive pattern of play = clues.
- 65% action, 35% puzzles
- Need to design the shop!!
- New weapon effects
- Q.A. testing
- Look at map redesign
MediEvil Tues. Jan.
- 30th June without Time Device/Great Machine.
- Big levels: Sleeping Village, Haunted Ruins, Pools of the Dead
- Dragons Graveyard is lost?
- Ant Caves
Pools of the Ancient Dead
- 3 Months!!
- Too many boulders.
- 5 levels for the Disc.
- No Scarecrow Fields.
- Nina is gathering info for unfinished work.
- Mike is helping James.
- More of a plot depth to the game.
City of Madness
- A.G. = Paul/Sam
- A.C. = Matt/James
- T.D. = Matt/James
- ??? =
- G.G. = James/Matt
- S.V. = Paul/Sam
- P.G. = Derek
- Z.L. = Derek
- D.C. = Chris
- C.H. = Chris
- ??? = Matt/James X
- ??? = Dan/Sam
The Great Machine
- The Switch (|) has big clipping problems.
- The skull door teleports need textures.
- When teleporting there needs to be an effect or a camera track to suggest Dan is being sucked through pipes.
- The conductor top needs textures.
- Not too happy with the textures on the big skull at the start of the level.
- The carriage on the train needs proper textures.
- Dan can easily fall off the train.
- The train carriage can merge with the train when the train stops moving.
- It is hard to see if you have actually moved a level (as the camera is top down). Movable platform needs sorting (it is black at the moment).
- Metal gauntlets that move conveyor belts need textures.
- The big chain on the first lift needs re-texturing.
- Big wooden wheels need re-texturing.
- The animated chimneys need to be enlarged - they look too puny at the moment.
- Boilers need to breathe out fire when active.
- The warp zones are a bit displaced.
- Dan is far too slippy!
- Trainwheel texture needs to be alpha channel.
- Do not like the fire that comes out of the mouth of the boy robot machine.
- Box robot machine needs proper textures.
- Edges of floor surfaces are a fookin nightmare!!!
- Pounding up/down drums need textures
- Better Dan controls
- Cut sequences
- Secrets = mechanisms
- Devices that must take effect on other levels
- The L shape mechanism needs to be redesigned as I do not like the current machine.
- When Dan falls into the water (off a roadwalk)
Is it possible to have a water splash? Without one it looks like he is falling into space.
- Should only be able to kill the barnacles when they open up.
- If Dan dies by being pushed of a boardwalk by a jumping fish then he should not be replaced in the fish's path only to be knocked off again.
- On my demo the warp zones are incorrect.
- When a crystal machine is activated there should be a cut scene showing the machine coming to life - also can we show the whirlpool slowing down.
- Like the crystal glow.
- Barnacles need textures.
- There does not appear to be a portcullis where there should be.
- You cannot kill the barnacles!
- Toadmen do not seem to protect themselves.
- Have to find the crystals to plug into the machines that stop the
- Eyeball barnacles
- If one of these eyes should see for longer than 2 seconds, it will shriek thus alerting the toadmen.
- Turret barnacle
- Once in its sights this barnacle will open up like a turret and fire away
- Once alerted toadmen will pull themselves up from the ground in order to attack. Is this possible?
- Toadmen will be associated with their designated barnacles.
- Moshybase * stem colour = create texture
- Negotiating the clockface platform; section is too easy, need to make this harder
- Texture map on the huge clock puzzle needs reorienting - texture map on the door clock needs replacing.
- Are the flying eyeballs going to fire electric bolts at Dan?
- Do not like the rune key holder section before the rotation floor disc before the planet.
- When you tell the time on the big clock there should be a sound effect (or a visual effect) to tell you you have activated 'something' - not a cut scene!
- Cuckoo clock monsters need a lot of work.
- Killing the eye balls appears to crash the game.
- Electricity does not appear when the crystal is destroyed - no rune key.
Pools of the Ancient Dead
- High jump potion
- To reach the dragon's graveyard, Dan has to collect shields to give to the boatman.
- A ??? undead knight controls the level - Collecting the shields weakens his power - if so desired the player can destroy the knight once all of the shields have been collected. This will lead to Dan getting the Dragon Dan potion.
The Ghost Ship
- Can we have the sky moving to suggest the ship is travelling.
More onto The Ghost Ship
- confusing gameplay
- camera problems
- Changes to Time Device + The Great Machine should just be based around alterations with new game controls. No new elements!
- Zarok's lair = get feedback from the others incl. knight horse monster
- You can fall through the terrain on Cemetery Hill (the paths).
- Are we going to have animated grass fringe on the cliff edges.
- In the church I do not like the geometry of the columns on either side of the hall.
- Throghout a level there are a big number of dead pyres - an imp runs through these areas on a pre set course setting fire to the pyres which when lit will impeed Dan's progress.
Monster moves / combat
- Shadow demons } Strategies
- More substance? = level interaction in connection with other levels
- More plot
- More use of potions (invisible potion).
- Channel of water - something floating at end of water - have to get to object.
- Deforming ground.
- Items spread out across levels that allow other sections to open up.
- Dragon dan (defense raises/fire breath)
- Smart bomb
- Shrink potion
- Firefly target
- Invisible (for a limited period monsters cannot see you)
- Skeleton Key (can pass through one door only)
- Levitate (Dan can float upward but is unable to move - only jump)
- Hit point reveal (reveals enemies hit points every time they are hit)
- Name reveal (enemies name appears on screen)
- Body shield aura (protects Dan from being hurt)
- Body shield aura 2 ( "" but also hurts enemies)
- Various weapon power ups
- Scarecrows should jump a lot?
- Change hay carts (static) to hay stacks
- Corn killer sprite (tail?) design
- Scarecrow only killed with swords and not projectiles.
- Turn doors transparent (Allows Dan to see through doors but not pass through)
- Freeze enemies (Very limited freeze effect)
- Free mechanisms (Same as above but on mechanical problems such as firing statues)
- Longer jump (to reach far away areas)
- Destroy demonic plant life
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.