Morten is a friendly worm that lives inside Dan's skull in MediEvil. He is only seen during 9AV full motion video. He can also be seen in the game's unused FMV, and was to play a larger role in the game. Morten was replaced by Al-Zalam in MediEvil: Resurrection.
Morten is a purple earthworm who is about the length of Dan's finger. Like all earthworms his body is segmented. He has purple eyes and a little smile.
Morten was to have gotten a whole level to himself as he undertakes a perilous mission to steal a door key from the abbey of the mad monks. Morten had to navigate a range of obstacles and there were a few funny moments such as inching your way across the bare feet of prisoners (tickling them in the process) who are hanging upside down in racks. The unused FMV was a prelude to this level. The unused track was also written for this level.
- Real earthworms are hermaphrodites, meaning they possess male and female organs. However, Morten is a male.
- The name "Morten" is an Old Danish, Old Swedish and modern variant form of Martin. Martin is derived from the Roman name Martinus, which was derived from Martis, the genitive case of the name of the Roman god Mars. Mars is possibly related to maris, the genitive case of Latin mas, meaning 'male'.
- ↑ MediEvil concept design at atomic-city. Archived at the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.
- ↑ Bob & Barn at Facebook. Published 14 February, 2013.
- ↑ Morten - Nordic Names Wiki - Name Origin, Meaning and Statistics
- ↑ Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Martin
- ↑ Behind the Name: Meaning, origin and history of the name Mars